Monday, April 21, 2008

Time and Goals...

Well I had a test this morning in my political science class and i think it went pretty well. My hand is a little cramped, but ill live. On the way home from school (Its about a 40 minute drive from CSUCI) i was thinking a lot about time and how our use of the time we have is directly related to how much we can accomplish.

It's a well known fact that on the list of my positive character traits, you will never find punctuality listed. As my family and fiance can tell you i am probably one of the latest people in existence. I don't know if you can call it a character flaw really, but in any event i rarely find my self "in the black" when it comes to time management. Ive asked myself why I'm late all the time. These were the reasons i came up with:

1. I know that the consequence for being late is not severe enough.
2. Some other action in progress has enough power to hold my attention to make me late.
3. I don't care about whatever it is enough to be on time.

I know for a fact that number 3 can't be true. I am late to see Sara my fiance often. However I love her tremendously and care about her. Number 1 can apply cause i know that when I am late for her, she will be annoyed initially but eventually after some groveling she will like me again. Number 2 has some interesting sway in being late and might be just some dumb excuse--but especially when it comes to Video games there is always one last creature to kill or one more treasure to uncover. I would accredit number 2 a majority of the time to apply to World of Warcraft (at least in the last 2 years).

And so i guess what i have been thinking about is how will the absence of games affect this extreme weakness in my life. I hope that i will be more conscious of where i need to be and when. In any event this is one of my most major goals in the wake of ending my gaming addiction. I think ill end today's entry with a list of major goals that i hope to address in the next few months of my life. Don't worry ill talk more about them later.

1. Be more on time.
2. Drop to a healthy weight.
3. Improve my study habits.
4. Stop biting my nails.
5. Read my scriptures, pray, and be involved more in church activities.

There's a start....................................... (click image)

No comments: