Friday, December 4, 2009

Lemonade Days 2-5

If you want to read from the beginning start on the first Lemonade post.

Well its been a few day on this crazy diet and i decided to update the blog.

Day 2
This was probably the worst day so far on the diet. I had to get to lab for a final and so i decided that i didn't have time to do the salt wash in the morning so instead i took the senna laxative tea. For some reason on the box its called "Smooth Move"....yeah its not so smooth in the day. I had crazy sick cramps and like 3-4 bowel movements that made me worry that i might be having diarrhea. Luckily after about 1pm everything stopped on the poop front, and lets just sum up day 2 with 1 important fact--Senna tea sucks in the morning. Aside from that I was pretty hungry in the evening.

Day 3
This day was pretty uneventful to be honest. Plenty of energy and an overall good day. Although a strange phenomena has taken place with my sense of smell and taste. I have been told that our brain has a receptors that basically turn off our taste and smell when we are full--which makes sense because if you eat to much you feel freaking sick. Well quite the opposite is happening to me with this constant bland liquid diet. I feel like my sense of smell is heightened like 5 times. I can seriously go into a room and smell multiple specific smells. An example was in Class there was one kid drinking coffee, another eating peanuts, and several chewing gum--and i could specifically tell that one was cinnamon and the other was mint. Call me crazy but my body is acting weird. At night I stayed up until like 2am playing computer games so i forgot to do the senna tea. Oh well I did better the next day.

Day 4
As far as feeling exhausted, this was the worst day. I have come to discover that it was not because of the diet but it was cause i got much less sleep the night before. Its funny how your mind plays tricks on you--you think about all these things you've read and maybe they might be happening to you. The bizarre thing is that you can really live without solid food--and live relatively normally. The only thing i really miss is the taste of food, and the social interaction associated with food. I mean common we eat with family and friends and it kinda sucks to be out of that loop. It's only for 10 days right?

Day 5
Well I can finally talk in the present tense because..well today is today. I honestly feel 100% better compared to yesterday. I think its cause i got like 9 hours of sleep. I did the salt wash this morning after class and lemme tell you as far as a morning laxative its so much better than the senna tea. No cramps. No emergencies. Just an easy BM or 2 about an hour after gulping it down. I never thought i would say it but I'm even used to gulping down a quart of salty water now. In addition i am an expert and juicing lemons and can make my daily batch of lemonade in a relatively quick manner. Sara and I joked at the beginning of this whole thing that it would be a really inexpensive diet because we already had all the stuff for it and we would only have to buy lemons. Well guess what? Organic lemons are $1 each. Total crap. I use 4 lemons daily, and also buying a crap ton of water and more Grade B maple syrup halfway through....its not going to be as expensive as normal eating but still. Oh by the way normal lemons are 4/$1. What a ripoff to be a health conscious person. Whatever.

No comments: