Today after work i rushed over to the gym to make the 6:15 "Interval Spinning class". I did not know very much about how spinning works. I knew that it was on a stationary bicycle but that was about all i knew. Well i learned a lot about it tonight. For one the bicycle is specially designed for the spinning
class and is extremely adjustable. The regular bikes in the gym are not very adjustable at all and i was a little intimidated with the bike at first. One of the ladies that teaches the class helped me adjust my seat (saddle she called it) and handle bars. There were special pedals that wrapped around your shoe, as well as a manual intensity knob. The knob was the key to the whole thing. As we started going i was doing fine, but about 20 minutes in i was really feeling the burn in my legs as well as the seat ripping my butt apart. The class is supposed to last 45 minutes but i stopped and withdrew at about the 30 minute mark when my toes started falling asleep. I did not feel too bad cause the lady said i could work at my own pace to begin. I think i will try again when I've worked up on some of the regular machines and can do strenuous cardio for that long.Tonight Sara helped me register for classes next semester. She is such an Angel to me when it comes to figuring out my schedule. I always get all worried thinking about how hard the semester is going to be and how I'm going to have a nervous breakdown. Then right when we think we have the schedule down there is a conflict and i start freaking out thinking that won't have any time to work. In the end we figure it out and i feel bad cause i was such a punk. She is truly wonderful to deal with me.
Speaking of Sara, we are getting married on October 11th. I still have a hard time believing that its really going to happen. It seems like we have been looking forward to it for a long time and the pieces are finally falling into place. Luckily Sara had a big part in planning her Sister's wedding so she has some stuff already down in her mind. I really don't think i can think of a more amazing thing than spending the rest of my time in this life and the next with the woman I love. She is truly special to me and keeps me grounded when i start freaking out about life and all that it entails. To be truly honest if i could pick one focal reason why I am doing all the stuff that I am to improve myself and free myself from Games and the like--it would be for her. She deserves the best Matthew that i can give her. It is the least i can do for having someone so amazing in my life.
1 comment:
Melissa was chuckling at your blog on Sunday, so I thought I'd check it out. Can't believe you're getting married! (Finally! Took you two long enough!)
Post a Comment